- This event has passed.
Closing Date for 2019 Hook Line and Singalong song competition
March 17, 2019 @ 11:30 pm
Details and sing writing resources can be found at hooklineandsingalong.com
The closing date for entries is March 17, 11:59PM 2019.
1. The winning song will be sung by students in both primary and secondary schools. It should be radio-friendly and the length of an average pop song.
2. The vocal line should not fall below middle C (C4) or above D5.
3. The tempo should be appropriate for performance in NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language).
4. The song should be easy to play on the ukulele.
5. The lyrics should reflect what it means to live in New Zealand. This is a broad theme and could be about nature, family, cultural identity, community, favourite activities or a certain place. Languages other than English are encouraged. The theme should not be specific to a holiday, e.g ANZAC Day, or about current events that will not have a timeless quality. The lyrics should be non-religious.
Terms and Conditions
1. Participants must be NZ residents and attend school for at least 15 hours per week. All contestants must be no older than 18 years of age on Monday 1 May 2019.
2. Winner(s) must be available to travel to Auckland on Saturday 6 April 2019 to record their song. Travel costs for the winner(s) + 1 adult will be provided.
3. Only one song per student/group is to be entered. Songs may be collaborative but all writers must be acknowledged.
4. Performers may or may not be the composer(s).
5. Compositions must be entrants’ original work, this includes lyrics.
6. The competition is for unsigned bands and individuals only. Entrants must notify the NZ Music Commission if they sign a recording contract after entering.
7. By entering you grant The NZ Music Commission license to use your song for promotional purposes.
8. The judges’ decisions will be final.