Updates to NCEA changes road show from the MOE
In May, the Minister of Education announced the changes to NCEA that will strengthen the qualification for all our young people.
The Ministry of Education are running 26 regional hui that are open to anyone wanting to learn more about the changes:
- What did we hear from New Zealanders last year that led to the changes?
- Key things you need to know about the changes
- How will the changes impact and benefit students, teachers and kaiako, parents and whānau, and the wider community?
- When will the changes happen?
>> Register now to an event in your region.
The workshops will run from 6.30-8.30pm and catering will be provided. All ages welcome.
The seven changes are:
- Make NCEA more accessible
- Mana ōrite mō te mātauranga Māori
- Strengthen literacy and numeracy requirements
- Have fewer, larger standards
- Simplify NCEA’s structure
- Show clearer pathways to further education and employment
- Keep NCEA Level 1 as an optional level.
For more information about the changes visit the Education Conversation | Kōrero Mātauranga website.
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org