MENZA is a national body. Its core role is for the benefits of Early Childhood Education, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Teachers with an interest in music education. It is also the national professional organisation and therefore open to all with an interest in music education. MENZA encourages regional partners and related professional organisations to contribute to the professional development of music educators.
MENZA delivers value and support to teachers through:
- Opportunities to connect as music education professionals
- The distribution and support of innovation in practice and research
- The fostering of opportunities for on-going professional development
- The delivery of a small number of national scale, high value initiatives.
- Advocating on behalf of all music educators in Aotearoa / New Zealand
Become a MENZA Member
- free copies of the MENZA Magazine ‘Tune-me-in’ (at least 3 per year)
- access to MENZA events and professional development at reduced rates
- networking, consultation and advocacy for music education in Aotearoa / New Zealand
- free copies of MENZA eNotes
- access to teaching resources and videos of past conferences and professional development
- access to ISME Newsletters (International Society of Music Education)
To become a member click here:
Music Ed News
Did you know being a MENZA Member also gives you access to the latest journals from ISME? These can be found in our Members Area.
Music education kaiārahi
MENZA is very pleased to announce the appointment of three kaiārahi, who will be instrumental in strengthening teacher networks and developing PLD opportunities around the country as part of our Networks of Expertise programme. We are very proud to have such accomplished and experienced music educators supporting our new programme.
Belinda Carey – email@example.com
Primary / ECE Kaiārahi
Deb Ferrier-Kerr – debfk.menza@gmail.
Robyn Trinick –