Kia Ora,Talofa lava, Malo e Lelei, Fakalofa lahi atu, Kia Orana, Namaste, Bula vinaka, Nihao and Welcome to the MENZA website.
This survey is to investigate the issue of ITMs and teacher registration for upcoming negotiations with EDUCANZ. The information gathered will support MENZA’s case in lobbying EDUCANZ so students have access to the best possible music tuition. There are 6 questions (use this link) and we would be grateful if you could complete this or pass it on through your networks so we have a good sample of the current plight for ITMs.
Check out the latest online MENZA Magazine (members area)
- Editor’s Comments – Sally Bodkin-Allen
- Chair’s Comments – Tim Carson
- Tributes and Eulogy to David Sell – Graeme Wallis
- Sandra Aitken – An Unsung Hero – Chris Moore
- Spotlight On Practitioners – Jeremy Hantler
- Making Change Happen – Steve Chapman
- Top Tips To Help You Enjoy Your School Production - Georgie Watts
- Finding The Movement Within – Marie Willis
- The Orokohanga Music Trust – Amy Ryan
- Promoting Practice – Sally Bodkin-Allen
- Hook, Line And Singalong
- Read the response here from Kate Scrimshaw | Project Coordinator – PLD Re-design project about our concerns for the future of Ministry of Education supported Music PLD
- Did you know MENZA has its own waiata? Click here to listen to it and view sheet music and lyrics.
- Congratulations to Hannah Milo and Ella Dale from Ellerslie School for being the Overall Winner of Hook, Line and Sing-A-Long 2016 for their winning song “We Are Aotearoa”.
For lyric sheets, webinar, score and lead sheets and a chance to win MusicWorks vouchers for your school go to the Hook Line and Singalong website
Here is great resource for your smart board or for students to use on their own devices – student / composers teaching other students how to play their winning song for NZ Music Month!