MENZA is a national body. Its core role is for the benefits of Early Childhood Education, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Teachers with an interest in music education. It is also the national professional organisation and therefore open to all with an interest in music education. MENZA encourages regional partners and related professional organisations to contribute to the professional development of music educators.
MENZA delivers value and support to teachers through:
- Opportunities to connect as music education professionals
- The distribution and support of innovation in practice and research
- The fostering of opportunities for on-going professional development
- The delivery of a small number of national scale, high value initiatives.
- Advocating on behalf of all music educators in Aotearoa / New Zealand
Become a MENZA Member
- free copies of the MENZA Magazine ‘Tune-me-in’ (at least 3 per year)
- access to MENZA events and professional development at reduced rates
- networking, consultation and advocacy for music education in Aotearoa / New Zealand
- free copies of MENZA eNotes
- access to teaching resources and videos of past conferences and professional development
- access to ISME Newsletters (International Society of Music Education)
To become a member click here:
Music Ed News
Did you know being a MENZA Member also gives you access to the latest journals from ISME? These can be found in our Members Area.
Music education kaiārahi
MENZA and ONZA’s Network of Expertise project is looking for enthusiastic early childhood/primary music specialist teachers to further develop teacher networks and PLD opportunities across New Zealand. Initially a 6 month contract is offered for up to 8 hours per week as a self-employed contractor. More details.
Music Education New Zealand Aotearoa (MENZA) is looking for an enthusiastic secondary music specialist teacher to assist MENZA in further developing teacher networks and PLD opportunities across New Zealand. Initially a 6 month contract is offered for up to 8 hours per week as a self-employed contractor. The position will be funded through the Ministry of Education’s Networks of Expertise grant. More details.
The closing date for applications is 5th August. To apply for a full job description or to send your CV and direct enquiries email email@example.com